Welcome to S.G.V.M.
1. Leave of Absence : Leave for extending holidays attending marriage etc., is not granted without prior written application from a Parent or Guardian, and it must be sanctioned by the Principal. Those sick for more than three days must submit a Medical Certificate on the day of reporting to School.
2. Absence (Std. I – IX & XI): Those absent for one day for any reason (including sickness), should get it entered in the leave record in the Diary and get it sanctioned by their class teacher on the following day. It must be briefly entered in the Leave Record of the Diary.
3. Absence (Std. X & XII): Those absent for one day for any reason (including sickness), should get it entered in the leave record in the Diary and get it sanctioned by the Principal on the following day.
4. Long Absence : Those absent for more than two days should get the leave sanctioned by the Principal. Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than five days renders the student liable to have her name struck off the rolls.
5. Absence due to sickness : A student returning to School after an infectious or contagious disease should produce a fitness certificate from a doctor permitting her to attend the class. Students suffering from the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class.
Chicken Pox : 6 days after the disappearance of the first drop of vesicles
Measles : 7 days from rash
Mumps : Until swelling of swollen gland has subsided which may take 9 days from the appearance symptoms.
1. Re-Opening Day : All have to attend class on reopening day after each vacation, more so on the first day of the new academic year. Those absent without prior sanctioned leave a fine of Rs. 200/- will be levied. Those absent because of sickness must inform the School before or on the representing day, and present a medical certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner before they are admitted to class failing which they must pay the above penalty.
2. Late Coming : All those who come late to school should get the diary signed before they enter the class. If anybody is more than 20 minutes late, she must report to the Principal. Those who are late 3 times in the same month or 6 times in the academic year, a fine of Rs. 100/- will be levied.
3. Skipping Class : Anyone who absent herself from any class without proper permission will be given proper punishment.