Rules & Regulations
1. Damage or defacing the school property may invite a monetary fine of up to double the cost of the material.
2. Valuable items and electronic gadgets including mobile phones are not allowed in school campus.
3. No student will be sent back home while the school is going on except on medical grounds or on prior intimation.
4. Change of section is the discretion of the school and no request for change will be entertained.
5. Students found tampering with school documents (mark sheet etc.) will invite strict action.
6. The school reserves the right to suspend or to take strict disciplinary action against a student whose performance in studies is constantly unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
1. The Diary must be brought to school daily.
2. Every pupil is required to attend school in the prescribed general uniform every day and sports uniform once a week. All information regarding the uniform may be had from the office.
3. Punctuality must be strictly observed. Every pupil must be present in the school premises 5 minutes before the commencement of the morning assembly. Strict regularity and punctuality, obedience, courtesy in words and deed, cleanliness in dress and person and proper care of books and school property are expected from every pupil.
4. No pupil should be absent from classes or school functions except for serious reasons. Parents / guardians should fill in the ‘Leave of Absence Record’ when their ward comes back to school and also send a signed leave application.
5. If for some serious reasons a pupil cannot attend school for more than 3 days consecutively, the Principal should be informed in writing and a medical certificate, in case of illness, should be submitted.
6. Every pupil must take part in at least some of the co-curricular activities unless exempted by the Principal.
7. A minimum of 40% in the final aggregate in every subject is required for promotion. Malpractice of any kind will warrant severe punishment such as the cancellation of the assessment results, detentions or even dismissal. A student who fails in the class for two consecutive years will be withdrawn by the order of the Principal.
8. A Progress Report will be issued after the Unit and Term assessments. The Progress Report should be returned, duly signed, within 3 days on a working day.
9. Pupils absent from any assessment will be considered to have failed in that assessment. No absentee will be re-examined.
10. All pupils should put in an attendance of at least 80% of the working days. Any pupil falling short of the required attendance will not be granted promotion to the next class.
11. Discipline is the back-bone for building good character, personality and all the values in one’s life. Hence great importance is given to all round discipline.
12. Parents are requested to look into their children’s Diary everyday. Daily homework, teacher’s remarks and occasional reports will all be noted down in the Diary.
13. Teachers of this school are not permitted to give tution to the pupils of this school.
14. Any pupil leaving school in the middle of the academic year must give a month’s notice or a term’s fee in lieu thereof.
15. Parents and guardians should take keen interest in the progress of their children and co-operate with the school in their development.
16. It would be much appreciated if parents respond readily to the invitation sent to attend the Parent-Teacher meetings and other school events. It is only with the co-operation of parents that the school can promote the all round development of the pupils.
17. In the event of withdrawal an application for obtaining the Transfer Certificate should be made to the Principal by the parents / guardians of the pupil.
18. Any change in these rules or additions to it will be notified from time to time through circulars, letters or announcements made in the assembly.
19. None of these rules either in part or as a whole shall be challenged in any court of law.
Welcome to Shiv Ganga Vidya Mandir